Sunday, August 31, 2008

Purgatory Chasm

Today we went on an adventure. After church, and after lunch, we set off for Purgatory Chasm in Sutton, MA (http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/central/purg.htm). The drive took a little less than thirty minutes and their are no fees! Since this was our first trip there, and I was really unsure about what to expect, I probably over-packed... Poor David navigated the trail while carrying around this bag filled with water bottles, juice boxes, snacks, mosquito repellent, sunscreen, band aids, etc, etc, etc He's always such a trooper about these things, because of course I had to bring my camera and camera bag. We took turns carrying Sophie. Initially she was scared she was going to fall, but by the end of our half mile trail she wanted to run. MacKenzie loved climbing the rocks and scaling the steep walls. Jacob and Sydney were not far behind her. Luckily, we all made it through the trail with no injuries. Our trip was not as long as we had planned due to the fact that someone in our party soiled themselves and I did not have a change of clothes for them. Oh well, we'll just have to go back another time! I'm thinking another trip in about a month to see the chasm surrounded by fall's beautiful foliage. That will be nice...

'>http://

We're still keeping our eye on Gustav. Our families have evacuated and are out of harm's way. Please continue to pray for all of those affected by those terrible storm.

No comments: