'>http://
We had our good friends, Stewart and Fiona, with their children Courtney and Megan over for dinner that evening. What a great farewell to summer! The kids had fun finger painting with pudding, and we all enjoyed a fabulous meal of steak, rotisserie wings, fried green tomatoes, grilled eggplant, fresh tomato greek salad, new potatoes, corn on the cob - Mmmmmm... What a feast! And the dessert Fiona brought was heaven! Like I said it was a grand farewell to summer.
MacKenzie started second grade today. She picked out her outfit before bed last night - no frills -fixed her hair the way she wanted it, donned her new shoes, and new backpack, and set off for her day. She took a few obligatory photos but quickly brushed me off to join her friends in the gym. I guess I'll have to wait for open house to meet her teacher... After school she said she had a good day. She seems to like her teacher and is excited to get to ride the bus a couple of days this year. Her main comment was, "It feels strange to be in second grade..."



No comments:
Post a Comment