Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hanna made it!


So there she is, sitting right on top of us. That's right, as I sit here and type, TS Hanna is paying her visit. I guess moving all the way up to MA still didn't get us out of the way of those darn storms!

Friday was a big day for the kids. First of all Sydney had her Pre-K orientation. We were surprised to find out that Janice W, who was going to be her teacher, has a different assignment this fall so she now has a Mrs. Cormier. All the familiar faces at the school asked about Jacob. Cute story: Fiona called just before we went to tell me she say Jacob at his school. She asked him how his day was going. Jacob's answer was, "I just love school." How cute is that?? Of course, I had to pass that one on all day... The school VP pulled the parents out to go over some things with us as the children gathered together for a little circle time and music time. Sophie opted to stay with her sister. When I came back to the room they were having such a good time singing their little bug song.



After we came home, and Sophie had her nap, it was off to meet Jacob & MacKenzie who rode the bus home for the first time. The girls occupied themselves as they waited by playing Ring Around the Roses with their friends, Shannon and Hallie.






I can't even tell you how excited Jacob and MacKenzie were about riding that bus...


MacKenzie stayed back and played with her classmate, Elizabeth. She lives about five houses down from us. I had to bribe the other one's with ice cream to get them home... That evening the kids joined two other family's kiddos in a babysitting co-op while we went to a neighborhood "Friday Night Get Together" at our neighbor's, Leslie's, house. It was nice to have a couple of hours with adults, and no little ones.

Saturday has been a lazy day. We went out and did a little grocery shopping and that's about it. This is David's weekend to work, so I thought I would surprise him with an apple pie. We have plenty of apples that we picked at the orchard, but I've never made an apple pie... After researching different recipes, I compiled my favorites, then at the last minute decided to add cranberries too. We ended up taking our pie over to Kathy and Chris's to share with them. The kids were playing together and Chris picked up pizza for dinner. We ended our meal with pie and ice cream. Mmmm I took the last piece to our friend Lisa who's husband is working all weekend. So she's home alone with their three children. Every mom needs a piece of pie every once in a while.



No comments: