Saturday, September 27, 2008

Welcome Fall

This picture was actually taken over a week and a half ago. As I drove home from work today, I was amazed at how quickly the fall foliage has taken hold of our area. Traditionally, Columbus Day weekend is "peak" time. This year is supposed to be a good year for leaf peepers as we had a pretty wet summer. The change in the seasons is something that I've truly come to appreciate here in New England. I've begun to see that each new season is a sign of all the promises and gifts God has for us.

Speaking of God's gifts, our new women's Bible study at church has started. We are using the Beth Moore series, "Believing God." My prayer is that this series will help me enjoy, appreciate, and thrive in all the blessings that God has given me. It's so easy to dwell on the negative and worry about our day to day troubles and concerns, but that's not God's will for our lives. We are called to live a life of prosperity, of joy, a life full of every blessing we are open to receive. We just have to "Believe Him."

I've bought a notepad, a journal of sorts, to have a place to record how God shows Himself to me daily. Beth suggests this as a tool, in the study, so that we can truly appreciate how God is working in our lives. Just taking the time to jot down these moments ,throughout the day, where God's hand is recognizable, will help us more readily receive Him. Will help us build a stronger relationship with Him. That's what we're called to do as His people, have a relationship with Him. Our pastor has been preaching the same lesson.

I haven't posted much, because I didn't want to bore you with the simple mundane daily workings of our lives. We're a family of six, so it's daily chaos around here. We're busy people with both David and I working, two children in full time school, one child in part time pre-school, church, AWANA's, girl scouts, soccer, etc. It's often loud, there is often disagreements, but we love each other, and it all falls in place in the end. I've always thought the following quote had to be about us: "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

No comments: