A glimpse of what I see everyday... I took these pics yesterday on my ride home from dropping the kids off at school. I am so appreciative, so in awe, of the changes that are seen during the fall season here.
Ecclesiastes 3:
1To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:
2A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted,
2A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted,
3A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up,
4A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6A time to get and a time to lose, a time to keep and a time to cast away,
7A time to rend and a time to sew, a time to keep silence and a time to speak,
8A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
4A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6A time to get and a time to lose, a time to keep and a time to cast away,
7A time to rend and a time to sew, a time to keep silence and a time to speak,
8A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
These verses are well known, mostly because of the popular song by The Byrds, "Turn! Turn! Turn!" They mean different things to different people.
Today I'm pensive. I had my women's bible study this Wednesday. It's been life changing for me. I shared with my small group how I've seen God's blessings in my life. How in my journey to "Believing Him" I am evident of His hand guiding each day. I'm busy journaling these blessings in a notebook.
Last night, after work, I went to a MOM's Club social. I found out that a dear local woman, that I know only through a yahoo message board, is back in the hospital as she struggles cancer. She has two children, ages five and two. This family has been on my heart since then.
Take time today to count your blessings. Hug your loved ones, tell them you love them. Don't let another day go by taking your life for granted.
TODAY IS A GIFT: "Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I — not events — have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." —Groucho Marx



2 comments:
Wow! The pictures of the foliage are beautiful and I just love the Groucho Marx quote you used. Think I might have to post that one up in my office at work. Thanksf for sharing!
Glad you enjoyed the pics! The foliage is especially beautiful this year.
Post a Comment