Here's the end product of my counter top mess of ingredients. It became an afternoon snack for the kids, and not much of anything for the rest of us. The little piggies just about finished off the whole dish of apple squares all on their own. Oh well!
I told you before that I have lots of pictures still waiting to be shared. I've worked the past six days so I haven't had much time to devote to blogging. I'm going to work on getting us all caught up though...
Wednesday, 10/15, the kids had a half day of school for "Professional Development." We used to call them teacher workdays but this is the proper terminology now. Anyway, it was another nice day so we headed over to the local goat farm for a little visit. We met Farmer Ann who was a super sweet lady. She asked the kids if they would like to help her feed the goats so Jacob and MacKenzie grabbed a bucket and followed her in the pen. Sydney, who is scared of her own shadow, stayed back, but then decided she wanted to do it too once they were done. Farmer Ann was so nice to get more feed and carry Sydney so she wouldn't be scared. We learned several interesting facts about the goats before we had to leave for MacKenzie's soccer practice. We said our thank you's and goodbye's, let the kids have a peak in the little "store," bought a package of goat cheese, and took off for the soccer fields.



No comments:
Post a Comment