Wareham is a little over an hour drive, not accounting for traffic. Fall foliage is at its best now and any nice weather weekend is going to find you in a bit of traffic when traveling I-495 towards the Cape. There were quite a bit of people traveling today, but it didn't slow us down very much at all.
The festival itself is really quite nice. Because it's only in its fifth year, the crowds are still relatively small and it's all very affordable. In fact, we were there for about four hours and didn't even spend $30. The kids enjoyed seeing the large harvest equipment and riding the school buses that take you out to the bog. David took the oldest three to the sand mounds to let them climb and run while Sophie and I bought cranberries to replenish our stash from last year. All four of them got a real kick out of "working" the mock cranberry conveyor. In fact, we had to visit that exhibit twice so they could "work." Before we left, I rode the little train with them around the grounds.

On our way home, we decided to stop in Lancaster to let the kids play at a beautiful little playground. Sophie was absolutely fearless climbing up the ladder to the tallest swirled slide and running around the playset to do tackle the steps and do it again, over and over and over... We all laughed and had such a great time playing together. It was the perfect way to end our day.




1 comment:
Pam,
I'm reading about your cranberry adventure the morning after. You did all this and still had energy enough to post before bed!! I'm amazed.
Thanks for sharing what looks like a fabulous time.
Susan
Post a Comment