Saturday, November 1, 2008

And the "work" begins...

This is why I had to take a hiatus from blogging in the Spring. I so easily get behind, and I hate playing catch up. This is when blogging becomes work to me. Sorry to be so negative, but it's how I feel...

Today's "work" brings back good memories. David and I worked hard to keep a secret from the kiddos. Thursday afternoon, October 16th, I picked up MawMaw from the airport in Boston. Sophie was so ecstatic when she saw who we were picking up. She was fired up for most of our drive back home. The older kids, who were still in school when I left for the airport, were shocked when they saw MawMaw walk through our door. What a treat!

This visit was quickly put together when MawMaw asked me to check on airfare for her only a week prior. She wanted to be here for Sydney and Jacob's birthday party if possible. David and I decided that it would be even more fun if the kids never knew about her coming.



Friday morning, Oct. 17th, we took Sydney and Sophie to the pumpkin patch. Of course it was late in the season to see the pumpkin patch in all its glory, but we had a wonderful visit all the same. Sophie loved the goats and chickens. She was constantly darting away from us to go back to the animals. Sydney was fixed on filling a wagon with pumpkins and dragging it all over the property, no matter how difficult. We brought home one big pumpkin, Sydney chose a miniature pumpkin, and Sophie a gourd. We attempted a group photo while we were there, but the sun was right in our faces and we're looking quite pained by it. Oh well!



























































































































We had such a good time watching the girls that day. It was also nice to have another southerner with me to appreciate the beauty of the New England fall.



Unfortunately, that same afternoon, MawMaw had a fall by the school bus stop. The accident put quite a damper on the remainder of her visit. Her mobility was greatly impaired, but her spirits remained high. We loved having her but hated to see her compromised in such a way. She wanted to make us a pumpkin cake we saw in a magazine but just wasn't quite up to it. I made the cake tonight in her honor. She flew back to Texas this morning. MawMaw, we hope you feel better soon, we love you! We wish you were here to share the cake. It was good, but I'm sure yours would have looked better :)








No comments: